Before leasing 1210 NE 124th Street Seattle WA 98125, a tenant group
A group qualifies if: all its members qualify AND either (a) or
(a) The group has six members.
(b) The group has four or five adult members who jointly agree to
pay the full house rent.
A group member qualifies thus:
- Completes a rental application accurately.
- Agrees to the Landlord's Lease Agreement
- Agrees to a Constitution with all the other group members:
- This is a signed agreement between the tenants
- The landlord is not a party to the Constitution.
- It enables the group to govern itself with the force of contract law,
and gives you the teeth to enforce your decisions.
- The tenants as a group must have the right to eject a
member by majority vote in extreme cases such as
non-compliance with a group decision, non-payment of a
share of rent or bills, etc.
- You can write it yourselves and put whatever else you like into it,
but a useable draft is here.
- Has credit score above 600 on MyRental.com
- Has no evictions in the 4 years preceding 3/2020.
- Has verified income > 2x their contribution to rent + utilities.
- Non smoker.
- No pets.
- Contactable references.
- Current and previous landlords for 3 years would rent to you again.
If multiple groups qualify within the two weeks preceding a
tentative lease start date, preference may be given, within
Landlord's judgement subject to the constraints of law, first to a
full group of six, second to a group with verified group income of
3x rent, third with history of living in cooperative housing, fourth
with gender balance.